Hurricane checklist for your pets!
Hurricane Season is June 1st through November 30, and many of us are looking to be prepared in case of the worst. Humans are not the only ones who need to be prepared; we must make a plan for our furry family members, too. But what does a pet need in a storm?
Here is a list we compiled to make Emergency preparation smoother.
- List of Pet Friendly Shelters
- List of Pet Friendly Hotels
- Microchip Information
- Rabies Tag and/or Rabies Certificate
- Vaccination History
- Photo of Pet(s) in case accidently separated
- Leash & Collar
- Two week supply of Food and Water per pet
- Cat Litter and Litter Pan
- Can Opener (if pet eats wet food)
- Pets Medication (1 month supply)
- Pill Pockets/Pet Piller
- Heartworm/Flea Prevention
- Mosquito Repellent (K-9 Advantix, Pet-Guard)
- Pet’s Favorite Blanket & Toy(s)
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- Eye Irrigating Solution
- Nutri-Cal/Nutritional Aid
- Antibacterial Scrub
- Rubber/Latex Gloves
- Alcohol Swabs
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Gauze Pads
- Telfa Pads (small & large)
- Vetrap Bandage
- 1 inch Porous Tape
- Cotton Swabs
- Digital Thermometer
- Expandable Adhesive Bandage
From all of us at Animal Medical Center, have a safe hurricane season.